2015/05/06

One room Challenge - The Reveal!

So here we are, after five short weeks, it´s finally the Reveal time :) We were able to tackle this project during these weeks and it was a big deal to us. This is the only space, where my new style can be seen in everything, and that makes me smile :)

This post is loaded with photos, so let´s get to it! I got a little carried away with  photographing, but I just LOVE this space so much! Before the after photos, let´s take a look at how things used to look! And here you can check out the progress and the earlier posts!



Those before shots are quite depressing. I´m so glad we were able to finally redo this space! I bet you want to see the after photos already!


In my ideal world we would have a window in our powder room, so I could have a plant there all the time, that´s why I wanted to take photos with some greenery, too. However those branches are a little more practical solution for this windowless space.


As you can see, I finally went with the rectangular mirror, but not without problems. Remember me ordering one from Ikea? I was so exited when it arrived and went to pick the package, only to find out it was in bits and pieces. That was last Wednesday! We had a National holiday on Friday, so all shops were closed. I had no other choice than visiting Ikea on Saturday! I ended buying two mirrors, just in case ;), a round and rectangular Skogsvåg mirror. I painted them black to match better with the decor. I tried them both over the the sink and I must say it was a though decision between them!


I love how the rectangular mirror looks with the sink. It also makes the space look more open!


 Speaking of loving, that faucet and those pendants are really an icing on the cake. 

 

Wouldn´t you like to wash your hands under a waterfall? ;)


The drawer system below the counter top is essential in this space. It offers just enough space for everyday essentials!


By far the best things in this space are the birch wood planks turned to a counter top and a shelf. I´m so glad I game up with the plan of using them and the leaving the live edge!



Do you see the back wall, not empty any more! I tried many different art works and frames and ended up using these (for a while at least). I love to change things every now and then and for that reason I wanted a shelf. No marks on those newly painted walls, please!


I found just the perfect Himmeli wreath tutorial from Vintage and Revivals -blog last fall. It´s easy to make and reminds me of Finnish traditions, after all Himmelis are from Finland! I´ve made a Himmeli lamp, too and just love that technique! That wreath has been one of my favorite one since then. Now that this one is here, I may have to make another one to use elsewhere in our home.


I also framed some fabric and an art work I made at the weekend! It turned out great and it fits this space just right!


I dreamed long for Svedbergs Svea toilet paper holder, but it costs way too much, so Ikea came to rescue with Svartsjön paper holder. I attached it to the vanity using 3M Picture hanging strips. That Iris Hantverk`s toilet brush was my first purchase for the space and it gave inspiration for the whole space! 


The Himmeli wreath and that candle holder from Ellos go together so well! And I love that black against the wood!



So there you have it! How do you like the space? There is still four things missing from that space! I made an order from an Etsy shop called Frauklarer. I hope to get those three wall hooks and a medium planter very soon, so I can make the final touches to this space! They are going to be just the right add to this all! 
  


Thank you all for stopping by and following along. I truly appreciate you visiting and commenting! It feels so heart warming to know there are people who like my style and this little blog of mine! My journey has just began, so I´d be honored if you would follow along!


Here is the budget breakdown :
  • vanity and sink: 299 euros on discount at the time (taloon.com)
  • faucet: 149 euros on discount at the time (taloon.com)
  • counter and shelf: Free
  • mirror: 39 euros (+shipping 8 euros) (Ikea)
  • plumber: 147
  • lighting: 135 euros (Valomaja)
  • paints and brushes: 127 (Rautia Mäntsälä)
  • trims and trim paint: 106 (Rautia Mäntsälä)
  • brackets: 40 with shipping (Tuxford Furniture Hardware)
  • baskets: 14,99 piece (H&M)
  • frames: free
  • soap dispenser and glass jar: 7,99 piece (H&M)
  • toilet brush: 42 euros (Cilla´s)
  • glass vase: 18 euros (H&M) no longer available
  • art: free

Total of 1141 euros. We had budgeted about 1200-1300 euros, so we were able to do it under budget! My mother-in-law gave us some money to renovate the space and frankly without her, we couldn´t have done this. So thank you Anne!

If you haven´t already visited the other blogs participating now is the perfect time to head back to Calling it home to check out all the other Reveals! I´m going myself, too! Loads of ideas and pretty pictures to see :), who could resists! 

Remember though, you are always welcomed back here :)


39 comments:

  1. Love what you did! You really updated this space beautifully!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sabrina for your words!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, your spaces look great, too! I love your green hutch, great color choice ;).

      Delete
  3. I love, love, love this space. Such a genius use of space. You have used every square inch to perfection and created so much interest with your counters. Amazing makeover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marty, it feels good to know someone else also loves that space as much as I do!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! The wooden shelves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Anna for taking your time and commenting!

      Delete
  5. So fresh and chic...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, Fresh is actually just the word, I want our home to feel like!

      Delete
  6. Jenni, it looks amazing. I love the mirror you chose to follow the lines of the sink. My favorite elements are the painted walls and double pendant lights. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie for stopping by and commenting! I truly appreciate your kind words!

      Delete
  7. Love the wood counter & shelf! So unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! They really add some personality to the space!

      Delete
  8. Great job on the bathroom! I hear you on buying more than one mirror to try... I bought 8 mirrors to try in our powder room before finding the right one. What is wrong with me? Who buys 8 mirrors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! Glad I´m not the only one having problems with mirrors! I knew I have a place for the other two mirrors I bought along the way! How about you, you probably returned them?

      Delete
  9. I love the rough edges on the counter and shelf! Such a beautiful transformation, I love every last detail. You are a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, Thank you Jennifer, your nice words mean so much to me! You are one of my favorite bloggers, so just the fact you visited my fills my heart with joy!

      Delete
  10. You did a beautiful job! I love the countertops... Soo pretty! Your faucet is fabulous too! I did our bathroom also and so awesome to have these updated spaces now, isn't it? (Would love it if you shared it at our link party on my blog please :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! It sure feels great to have these "new" spaces! I´ll check your blog for sure, see you there ;)

      Delete
  11. Such a beautiful room now!! Love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice that you love the details, we love too!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous5/08/2015

    Gorgeous! Such an amazing transformation!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love the space more every day :)

      Delete
  13. This looks fantastic. I love the wood mixed with the modern touches. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for your words! I´m glad my "fresh rustic modern"-style can be seen in the space!

      Delete
  14. Such an awesome organic space! The countertop is killing me....I love it so much. Your styling is spot on so give yourself a high five!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry! There have been many high fives here lately ;) as we love the space.

      Delete
  15. Terrific space! I knew it was gonna be with all the details you've been sharing! Great job Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vel for your words and for following along!

      Delete
  16. It's so spa-like! Perfect! So many great details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I love the details, too. I hope some day we have enough money to renovate our bathroom/laundry room. I want to bring there this "spa-like" feel and my personal style!

      Delete
  17. What a fabulous makeover! Love all of the natural touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Natural materials are something I LOVE and want to use in every space!

      Delete
  18. I just wanted you to know I picked your room as one of my ORC faves! Thank you again for the inspiration!

    http://buhayatbahay.blogspot.com/2015/05/my-orc-faves-part-1-kitchen-dining.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, Vel. I feel honored that you picked my space as one of your favorites.

      Delete
  19. Anonymous6/04/2015

    I love this! I had to go back and look at the before picture because I didn't think I was looking at the same room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time and commenting! It takes some time for your comment to be seen as every comment is being moderated.